Why choose Individual Lessons?
Traditionally, yoga was taught on an individual basis. In this tradition this method is still regarded the most effective way to explore yoga.
Developing a self practice within this tradition is based on the following key principles:
- It is a self-empowering process
- It is multi-dimensional in its approach
- It is a personalised approach that treats every individual uniquely
- It considers you, your stage of life, lifestyle, interests, and background
- It is an evolving process focusing on long and short term goals, it is not an instant solution
- It aims to guide the individual in a non-invasive and complimentary manner
Individual lessons can help you to deepen and develop your understanding of yoga or can be used as therapeutic support.
- A free 30 minute consultation to discuss what you’d like to see from your work with yoga
- We will then arrange the initial lesson which is 1 hr 30 mins
- During the first lesson we will look at your current health picture and lifestyle in more detail
- A carefully considered practice will be developed and designed for you
- You will then be fully supported as you progress and establish a practice
“As a Yoga therapist, focus on increasing people’s quality of life not on curing diseases.”
Individual lessons for Therapy and Support
Yoga Therapy, refers to the adaptation and application of Yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing health challenges. It can be used as a support to alleviate or prevent many physical, chronic, psychological or emotional conditions such as:
- back pain, knee injuries
- arthritis, asthma, crohns disease, chronic fatigue syndrome
- anxiety, depression, insomnia
Yoga Therapy can compliment both conventional and alternative medicine.
This approach is not formulaic and is different for each person, taking into account the needs of each person. In time, you will experience improved health, happiness and sense of well being, as well as increased self-awareness, understanding and confidence.
Individual lessons for Exploration and Development
You may wish to use individual lessons to explore the many facets of yoga. This may involve postures and permutations of postures, breath work, or learning to chant or study relevant yoga texts. The techniques and tools of yoga are endless and you can develop and progress at your own pace. The focus here, is solely to learn about yoga. This approach can also be used to support teachers and trainee teachers.
Cost & Cancellations
- Initial 30min consultation is free of charge.
- First lesson 1hr 30mins £60.00
- 1 hour lesson £40.00
- 10% discount on 6 meetings (5 hrs) £180
Cancellations and appointment changes may be made without charge as long as a clear 24 hours notice is given. To respect our time please note that cancellations made with less that 24 hours are chargeable in full.
“The shoe that fits one person pinches another;
there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.”