The Introductory Yoga Study Course 20th – 21st October 2012
The Introductory Yoga Study Course runs over one weekend and presents the primary teachings of this approach to yoga. The course is open to those with a well established practice, either from this tradition or another. The weekend course places emphasis on personal development and practice and is a a prerequisite to further work in this approach.
The course was designed and developed by Paul Harvey, arising from over 25 years of study with his teacher TKV Desikachar. I am very grateful to Paul for his support and encouragemnet in allowing me to offer this course to my own students.
The course aims to nurture and explore the potential of yoga through developing and deepening your own personal practice.
- To present a view of Yoga through which students can support and develop their own practice.
- Guidance in principles known as the viniyoga (application) of Yoga which inspire and shape yoga practice.
- An overview of and background to the important yoga teachings around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic yoga terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how your body can work more effectively in asana.
- The importance of the breath in practice.
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a group class of any yoga approach, or 10 individual yoga lessons with any yoga teacher.
A total of 15 hours (10 hours tuition over one weekends, plus 5 hours guided home study and practice).
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Introductory Yoga Study Course Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. The IW can count for BWY CPD points for BWY Teachers.
Fees & Booking
The 2012 course fee will be £140 for the two days
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a 50 page colour manual, tuition, delicious vegetarian lunches each day and all refreshments.
The full course fee is made payable to Zoë Martin before the course start date. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Yoga courses not running a full refund will be offered.