Cultivating a personal yoga practice
The theory and practice of āsana, prāṇāyāma and the Yoga Sūtra of Patañjali can help you to creatively cultivate and grow a personal yoga practice.
Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy
– Julia Cameron
This weekend course places emphasis on:
body – āsana theory & practice
breath – prāṇāyāma theory & practice
mind – the yoga sūtra of patañjali
The course aims to nurture and explore the potential of yoga through developing and deepening your own personal practice.
The course will focus on:
- An introduction to The Yoga Sūtra of Patañjali
- Yoga practice – refine your own personal practice through theory and exploration
- How āsana are arranged in intelligent steps and how to use counter posture
- How and why to adapt your practice through variation and modification of āsana
- The importance of breath in āsana
- Seated breathing practices
- Direction for further study and/or self practice
10th – 11th September 2016 – taught by Zoë Martin & Gary Ward
10 hours tuition over one weekend.
A certificate of Completion is awarded on completion of the weekend.
The Aylestone Centre, Belvoir Drive, Leicester LE2 8PB
Fees & Booking
Course fee is £180. This includes course manual, home cooked vegetarian lunch and light refreshment on both days.