Various study options are offered as a means for practitioners to deepen and develop their practice and understanding of Yoga.
Foundational viniyoga of Yoga Study - Module One
The Foundational viniyoga of Yoga Study Course runs over one weekend and presents the primary teachings of this approach to yoga. The course is open to those with a well established practice, either from this tradition or another. The weekend course places emphasis on personal development and practice and is a a prerequisite to further work in this approach.
The course was designed and developed by Paul Harvey, arising from over 25 years of study with his teacher TKV Desikachar. I am very grateful to Paul for his support and encouragement in allowing me to offer this course to my own students.
The course aims to nurture and explore the potential of yoga through developing and deepening your own personal practice.
The course will focus on:
- An introduction to The Yoga Sūtra of Patañjali
- Yoga practice – refine your own personal practice through theory and exploration
- How āsana are arranged in intelligent steps and how to use counter posture
- How and why to adapt your practice through variation and modification of āsana
- The importance of breath in āsana
- Seated breathing practices
- Direction for further study and/or self practice
- Running over two consecutive Saturdays. 1st November & 8th November 2014
A minimum of one year’s attendance at a group class of any yoga approach.
A total of 15 hours (10 hours tuition over one weekends, plus 5 hours guided home study and practice).
The Foundational Course – Module One Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance. The course counts for BWY CPD points for BWY Teachers.
Knighton Parish Centre, Church Lane, Leicester. LE2 3WG
Fees & Booking
The 2014 course fee will be £150 for the two days
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a 50 page colour manual, tuition, delicious vegetarian lunches each day and all refreshments.
The full course fee is made payable to Zoë Martin before the course start date. All fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Yoga courses not running a full refund will be offered.
“We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond.”